"The Banquet" Movie

Finally, I was able to spare my time to see this movie despite holding on to the DVD for weeks. To sum up, it's all about power struggle, vengeance, desire, love and hatred all rolled into one. Having seen it, somehow I've mixed feelings about it. The ending parts just doesn't seem to be well placed. Too abrupt and doesn't give any lasting impression to me. Oh well it could be becoz' of my high expectation .... I would be expecting this one to be explosive but unfortunately it isn't ... maybe not this time ....

posted by m o g L i e @ 10:35:00 pm,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:12:00 am, Blogger anakbrunei said...

I watched it on DVD as well couple of weeks ago. Very classy film. I loved it. Originality ada sikit kurang lah heheh... The story line reminded me of Shakespeare's Hamlet and those helmets hmmm... bought over second-hand from the set of "Gladiator"? heheh. BUT! Zhang Ziyi was ermmm superlicious in this one as usual and THAT's what counts heheh!

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:10:00 pm, Blogger m o g L i e said...

too much of "hamlet" stuffs really ... since Zhang Ziyi is my fave, so I was like expecting something classy .... but I do second your viewpoint especially yg last line atu ... he,ehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home